Monday, July 2, 2007

The Nightly Nerdlinger News Secret Origins Edition Pt 3

Today I'm just going to list most of the rest of the sites I use for material for The Nightly Nerdlinger News. After this I'm going to get back into the swing of things and start posting updates nightly again. It's just been a really bad couple of weeks at work and it's left me too depressed to really want to blog. But I'm off all this week for shutdown so besides updating my resume', sleeping and drinking as much beer and eating as much barbeque as I can I'll be hitting the net hard looking for nerdly goodness. And now, the other links.

SyFy Portal A good site for science fiction news, especially television items.

Dark Horizons A general movie site, but often has the best listings of trailers and early synopsis of new movies.

Anime News Network is a great site for all your Anime news needs, release dates, apperances, upcoming projects and just about anything a fanboy could want to know about Anime including an exhaustive encyclopeadia.

Anime Nation Another good anime news and anime sales site.

Fangoria The website of the long-lived magazine about horror movies.

Horror.com Another horror website, mostly news and releases.

Bloody Disgusting A good horror site, movie reviews, news and interviews

JoBlo's Movie Emporium A fun site with news, reviews, opinion peices, interviews mostly nerd-worthy stuff but the occasional mainstream stuff sneaks in.

Latino Review This site somehow gets ahold of drafts for all kinds of movies and posts them or at least reviews the drafts. All kinds of movies, but emphasis is on nerd-worthy movies. Also reviews, interviews etc.

News Askew The official View Askew and Kevin Smith news site. News on all his movie and comics projects.

Pit of Horror Another horror site dedicated to movies.

SCIFINEWS Fantasy and Science Fiction news for all media.

Slashdot A nerd news site, everything from tech to movies to comics to internet, anything your average nerd would find interesting. Highly recommended by me.

Space.com A great site dedicated to all things space related, news, tech, launches and just about anything cool about space.

I don't think I need to include obvious links of interest to nerds like TLC, Discovery, The History Channel, and The Smithsonian but there they are.

3 comments:

quin browne said...

i read you, verm... and i keep updated.

someone sent me a great link on the zombie food pyramid.

http://stahss.com/finalgirl/zfp.jpg

Verminous Countenance said...

Cool, by backtracking that link I found a great horror blog by Stacie Ponder. http://finalgirl.blogspot.com/

Cool place

Anonymous said...

So great to learn that I am not the only 80's reject stuck here in Summerville that loves sci-fi and crazy British humor and the like! I am a certifiable Star Trek maniac (mostly TNG and VGR) - planning a convention trip with the fam as a matter of fact. Hope you have read some Asimov, as he is truly kick ass. Also, I believe Rod Serling of Twilight Zone fame was amazing, although he never got enough props for his genius. Long live Monty Python!! Keep up the great blogging, man. Ta Ta from currently soggy Summerville,
Aspiring